Darwen End - New singing section !!!!
azzyb_90 Offline

Darwen End - New singing section !!!!
Although it seems to have taken some time, the atmosphere in the Darwen end lower is improving as could be heard on Monday when they were louder than the Blackburn end and the Sunderland fans at times.
There is a growing bunch of lads who never stop hardly and with the away fans above there is some great banter going on.
Does anybody else not think that the fans or the club should sort a singing section out in this unreserved seating area. Whether it be official or unofficial, anybody who wants to sing should go there. It seems to have worked well at clubs like Bolton, Sunderland and Wigan and could only help improve the atmosphere at Ewood...?

"When criticism of individual players and the sound of small bands of away fans can be heard instead of our songs and chants, we're in danger of becoming spectators rather than supporters."

It's up to the fans to keep it going and the club to encourage it. What are your thoughts?? already posted this on BRFC'S with good feedback and many allready taking about relocating now or when they renew their season tickets.

have a quick look at the link for an idea of what I mean at a club like Celtic who have come up with a name for their group.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.celticfc.net/tickets/Jungle_Bhoys.aspx">http://www.celticfc.net/tickets/Jungle_Bhoys.aspx</a><!-- m -->

[Image: 89944011.jpg]

Blackburn Rovers F.C - Singing Section - Darwen End Lower
"Supporters Not Spectators"
30-12-2009 09:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
a rovers 4 life Offline
Football Conference

Re: Darwen End - New singing section !!!!
we have a singing section, its called the blackburn end.
30-12-2009 10:24 PM
madmatt Offline
Northern Premier League

I admire what you're doing, unfortunatly the football needs to improve before the atmosphear comes back.
30-12-2009 11:07 PM
JonnytheScarf Offline
Banned

Well done mate, I am normally very vocal too( I am finding it difficult under Allardyce at the moment)
, but the majority of the time I am a lone voice. I have already commented on this issue months ago if you want to check out my previous posts, unreserved seating surely improves atmosphere but how do you implement this in other areas of the ground with allocated seasonticket holders?!
31-12-2009 08:36 AM
sarfaraz1981 Offline
Northern Premier League

Good idea. I have bought half season tickets for the Darwen end but I have to admit I don't usually sing
31-12-2009 08:55 AM
azzyb_90 Offline

JonnytheScarf Wrote:Well done mate, I am normally very vocal too( I am finding it difficult under Allardyce at the moment)
, but the majority of the time I am a lone voice. I have already commented on this issue months ago if you want to check out my previous posts, unreserved seating surely improves atmosphere but how do you implement this in other areas of the ground with allocated seasonticket holders?!

Cheers for the feedback, the only thing is that it isn't possible to implement a singing section in other areas of the ground because like minded people who want to sing are spread out in many different areas. The idea of this darwen end singing section is to get like minded people in the Darwen end who together can help create a better atmosphere.
If you like the idea, which i gather many of you do then why not give it a try at the villa cup game on Tuesday night...
Dont forget to tell your friends and workmates and add to the increasing number of people singing in the DE. :wink:
[Image: 89944011.jpg]
31-12-2009 12:21 PM
madmatt Offline
Northern Premier League

I think i'm gonna jump on this, i can't make every game due to work commitments but I think this could work. It's very difficult to get any sort of atmosphear going at the moment due to the problems on the pitch, but i'll try and get together a group of mates to start going again.
31-12-2009 01:13 PM
azzyb_90 Offline

madmatt Wrote:I think i'm gonna jump on this, i can't make every game due to work commitments but I think this could work. It's very difficult to get any sort of atmosphear going at the moment due to the problems on the pitch, but i'll try and get together a group of mates to start going again.

Exactly the kind of thing I'm trying to achieve, hopefully with more people thinking like this, we can really create a better atmosphere at Ewood regardless of what happens on the pitch. Obviously i understand that their isn't always much to sing about but this idea really could take off. This idea needs to be spread so tell everybody you know (workmates, friends, people who you know that generally sing at Ewood) Biggrin

31-12-2009 04:27 PM
eathy4rovers Offline
North West Counties

yeye i'll be in the DE on tuesday night with 6 mates
in singapore airport atm...so i will book the tickets on saturday!!
01-01-2010 01:36 PM
olirovers Offline
North West Counties

Yes mate, i'm currently a season ticket holder in the Blackburn end lower and stand in the corner where everyone sings, and i remember telling my mate next to me " jesus them lot over there are making more noise than us" lol. The only time the blackburn end gets going is when we score, and i've noticed you lot in the darwen end always sing and don't worry i can hear everything and you make some decent noise which does help the atmosphire around ewood. Yes we do sing where i am but not all the time like you lot, we sing for the first 5mins then shut up and wait for a goal. This is why we get the chants from the away fans, I.e your support is f****** turd.
I am a young lad who loves to sing and i have a couple of mates who also think the same.
We went in the darwen end for the chelsea game and stood up and sung through out it and it were great banter. I'm also doing the same for the villa game on tuesday but bringin more of me mates Biggrin

I love the idea pal and i would get a season ticket next year with you lot but giving up the seats i have now is a very hard decision as i probably have the best view of ewood lol.
However i will have to think about it, i do find it annoying that people who want to sing are in the likes of jack walker, upper blackburn end, CIS but really can't, so like you said we could introduce one area where 500 so rovers fans can sing their hearts out or even more...
The only problem is that what about the games where the whole darwen end in taken by away fans?
01-01-2010 01:52 PM
azzyb_90 Offline

olirovers Wrote:Yes mate, i'm currently a season ticket holder in the Blackburn end lower and stand in the corner where everyone sings, and i remember telling my mate next to me " jesus them lot over there are making more noise than us" lol. The only time the blackburn end gets going is when we score, and i've noticed you lot in the darwen end always sing and don't worry i can hear everything and you make some decent noise which does help the atmosphire around ewood. Yes we do sing where i am but not all the time like you lot, we sing for the first 5mins then shut up and wait for a goal. This is why we get the chants from the away fans, I.e your support is f****** turd.
I am a young lad who loves to sing and i have a couple of mates who also think the same.
We went in the darwen end for the chelsea game and stood up and sung through out it and it were great banter. I'm also doing the same for the villa game on tuesday but bringin more of me mates Biggrin

I love the idea pal and i would get a season ticket next year with you lot but giving up the seats i have now is a very hard decision as i probably have the best view of ewood lol.
However i will have to think about it, i do find it annoying that people who want to sing are in the likes of jack walker, upper blackburn end, CIS but really can't, so like you said we could introduce one area where 500 so rovers fans can sing their hearts out or even more...
The only problem is that what about the games where the whole darwen end in taken by away fans?

Great Post :wink: , i do think that when away fans are given the whole Darwen end, the atmosphere is usually quite good anyway with it being a full capacity and usually a big game so a specific singing section hopefully shouldn't be needed. During these games it would be up to people to try and get the songs going in their respective areas as usual. Anyway keep publicising guys and try to keep this topic at the top of the board. Any help to spread the idea is much appreciated.

01-01-2010 03:54 PM
Mattmc Offline
Northern Premier League

I was stood in the top corner of the Darwen End lower against Sunderland, was a very good atmosphere in that small section, however the other parts of the ground didn't look too lively.
I'm guessing the top corner is where the singing section will be situated then?
01-01-2010 04:23 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sarfaraz1981 Offline
Northern Premier League

olirovers Wrote:Yes mate, i'm currently a season ticket holder in the Blackburn end lower and stand in the corner where everyone sings, and i remember telling my mate next to me " jesus them lot over there are making more noise than us" lol. The only time the blackburn end gets going is when we score, and i've noticed you lot in the darwen end always sing and don't worry i can hear everything and you make some decent noise which does help the atmosphire around ewood. Yes we do sing where i am but not all the time like you lot, we sing for the first 5mins then shut up and wait for a goal. This is why we get the chants from the away fans, I.e your support is f****** turd.

How did you get tickets in the Darwen end for the Villa game. I just tried and Darwen End is blacked out
01-01-2010 04:59 PM
azzyb_90 Offline

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=234170016119">http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=234170016119</a><!-- m -->
New Facebook Group here called Blackburn Rovers F.C - Singing Section - Darwen End Lower, Get joining and invite all your friends.

Mattmc Wrote:I was stood in the top corner of the Darwen End lower against Sunderland, was a very good atmosphere in that small section, however the other parts of the ground didn't look too lively.
I'm guessing the top corner is where the singing section will be situated then?

Yes, anyone who wants to sing should go here :wink:
01-01-2010 05:23 PM
olirovers Offline
North West Counties

Joined.

Looking forward to villa game, the chelsea game were class but there wer only 20 lads stood up.
Hopefully people actually realise that this is the semi final of the cup and the ticket prices are very cheap and so therefore our team needs supporting!!!!!!!
01-01-2010 05:53 PM
ellbrfc Offline

itd be good to get people singing in the darwen end and i heard u lot against sunderland but maybe we should get both the blackburn and the darwen creating an atmosphere instead of just one of the stands.

Im in the blackburn end, lower tier top right hand corner as you look at the pitch and its top.

darwen end give us a song
darwen end
darwen end
give us a song!!

Tongue Tongue
01-01-2010 07:01 PM
olirovers Offline
North West Counties

sarfaraz1981 Wrote:

How did you get tickets in the Darwen end for the Villa game. I just tried and Darwen End is blacked out
Well my mate went to get them at the sunderland game, i don't think we would of sold out, have u tried ringing up mate??
01-01-2010 07:18 PM
l14m23 Offline
North West Counties

i was born in the blackburn end so u wont see me movin 2 the darwen end but it would be good to get more people singin in both stands.
02-01-2010 10:33 AM
azzyb_90 Offline

Same here always been a Blackburnender but drastic times call for drastic measures and ewood is definitely in need of something new, hopefully with 100plus people all together in one group will help kick start other areas of the ground as well because it is a fact that there are hundreds of people spread around the ground who want to sing but are isolated from other like minded people. Hopefully as more and more people join us in the Darwen End and our facebook group we can hopefully petition to the club to get an official backing from the club like other premier league teams

Biggrin " supporters not spectators "
02-01-2010 03:55 PM
CidergioPeter Offline
League Two

l14m23 Wrote:i was born in the blackburn end so u wont see me movin 2 the darwen end but it would be good to get more people singin in both stands.

Your mum must be one hell of a loyal supporter. :shock:
02-01-2010 09:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JonnytheScarf Offline
Banned

I posted this over a year ago, Nov 08, regarding this issue.......
First unread post • 1005 posts • Page 37 of 41 • 1 ... 3435363738394041
JonnytheScarf

North West Counties
Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:02 pm
Re: Drummers
Please, Mr Drummer, come back!
I was one of the ones that wrongly blamed you for the lack of variety of Rovers chants, I know now that was not your fault!

Why dosn't the club sort out "singing sections" or pockets of noise strategically placed around each section of the ground?
For example, take the Blackburn End Lower tier, from left to right you could have one block singing, one block not singing, or for fans who only sing when we are winning, one block singing, one block not, ect.
That way the atmosphere has a chance to spread, it would also give people the choice of how, where and when they want to sing without being looked upon as mental for trying to start a chant, by people who go just to watch quietly. The only section that is trying to create an atmosphere is the upper corner of the Blackburn end Lower tier toward the Jack walker stand side. This needs to be replicated in the middle and at the other end too, AND in the other two stands!
So easy to sort out! Season ticket sales question on the aplication form : SINGING or NOT SINGING?! Same on matchdays ticket sales! Or even better still, sit where you want on a first come first served basis - no seat number allocation, then people could sit where they want, and if someone next to them is irritating simply get up and move away to where you feel comfortable!
COME BACK DRUMMER ! ! ! EWOOD NEEDS YOU!
03-01-2010 09:16 AM
Ewood Offline
League Two

Singing or non singing sections like that dont work on a season ticket. Sometimes i sing, sometimes im to hungover and cant be arsed!

I agree with an idea that the darwen end you should be able to sit where you like, so the singers can gather like they do away
03-01-2010 09:28 AM
JonnytheScarf Offline
Banned

The idea of 'Singing Sections' dosn't mean that if say you choose 'Non Singing', you MUST sit there in silence!!!
Or likewise, if you are in a 'Singing Section', you don't HAVE to sing, there'd be no 'Singing Police' enforcing this, just like minded people congregated more appropriatley!
Doing away with seat allocation would be the easiest way, but then you have some supporters who like 'their own' seat! My answer to this would be if you like 'your seat' so much then get down early enough to sit in it!!! This in turn would help the atmosphere build in the ground before kick off, as used to happen before Ewood was redeveloped...
03-01-2010 09:47 AM
madmatt Offline
Northern Premier League

If this takes off we have the option of singing across at each other ala...

We're the Blackburn End, We're the Blackburn End, We're the Blackburn End, Ewood Park

We're the Darwen End, We're the Darwen End, We're the Darwen End, Ewood Park.
03-01-2010 10:26 AM
JonnytheScarf Offline
Banned

The 'old' Blackburn end used to sing 'Can you hear the Riverside sing.... No, No!' and then the Riverside Stand would give us a song.... Sometimes, the Blackburn end would request a song from the fans 'On the hill' too and even they would oblige!!! GREAT DAYS !
If the atmosphere would come back HALF as good as it was then, it would be an achievement!

WHAT CAN THE CLUB DO TO HELP US TO ENCOURAGE THIS?

(The flags and clappers thing was a big success! :notworthy: But not really solving the issue of appropriate congregations.)

Those days the atmosphere was better than the football!!! (just like it is now!!) (sniff, sob!)
03-01-2010 10:49 AM